New submission: Woman catches man taking creeper shots

This guy was taking a picture of a girl’s butt with his phone. When I called him on it, it was clear he does this all the time. It happened at the Bayview bus stop at around 5:30pm.

While walking behind him I noticed him notice the girl walking in front of us. He flicked up the corner of his iPhone and pointed it at her, zooming in on her ass. “Are you taking her picture?” I asked loudly. “Don’t take her picture.” He was surprised that he’d been caught and proceeded to ask why not, it’s a public place, etc. Says all the things you’d expect a creeper to say – clearly a repeat offender. We were walking in the same direction so while he was trying to escape me I kept pace with him to finish what I was saying about it being completely wrong to take pictures of women without their consent. Sure it’s not illegal but it’s entirely creepy and disgusting and contributes to rape culture. That young woman is more than another ass to add to his collection of creep shots and should not be treated as such. The objectification of women contributes to violence and gender oppression.

I asked if I could take his picture, he consented and even suggested I send it to the media. If only I’d asked for his name.

I've got your back!
98+

Author:

8 Responses

Author comments are in a darker gray color for you to easily identify the posts author in the comments

1. […] This was one of the stories that was floating around my social networks this morning: Woman catches man taking creeper shots. […]

2. Nico says:

Actually, it is a crime in Canada (yay Canada!) to take a picture up someone’s dress (aka, the upskirt.) It’s considered a form of voyeurism. I didn’t know that at the time I caught someone in a Toronto grocery store doing the same thing. I should have called the cops!

3. Catherine campbell says:

This is more than harassment. In Canada, so-called up skirting is a criminal act under the law on Voyeurism and punishable by up to 5 years in prison!

4. Hollaback! Polska says:

We need more people like you out there! You are the best. Thank you for making the world a better place for all.

Hollaback! Poland

5. Sarah says:

OMG! So sorry this is happening. And thank you so much for speaking up about it! I’m not sure I would have had the courage to do so, but I’m sure your actions made a difference.

6. Alicia says:

Way to confront him!
    Even if it seems like creeps aren’t listening or learning anything, we can continue to tell them their actions are wrong, and if they don’t yet have consequences, they soon will. At the very least, we will raise our voices and call attention to what they are doing in hopes of adding more people to the conversation, increasing education, awareness, and allyship.

7. Annie says:

While I agree that what this guy was doing is creepy and I also think it should be illegal, it doesn’t sound (from the description) like it was upskirting. It sounds like he was zooming in on her ass, not taking a picture up her skirt.

8. GirlFriday says:

Well, isn’t he the douchebag?!? Ladies, keep calling out these POS d0uches. Solidarity Sisters, is the only way to fight this kind of crap. When you this POS in public, take out your phone and make an obvious attempt at a crotch shot – see how he likes it.